Re: DOM Base URI (xml:base, RFC 2396)

Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> Hey all,
> I'm causing trouble for Richard by asking for things like:
> http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=44367
>
> Basically, what happens in the following scenarios with the baseURI of
> a document?

>  3. An xml document is loaded from a URI, but has an <Foo
> xml:base="http://bar.com/" />

> >From what I read of http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2396.html, section 5.1
> & on, I think it should be:

> 3. http://bar.com/

This is the one that I have issues with. Parsers that are based on the
xml:base specs determine the base uri of that case to be http://foo.com.
If the behavior for determining the base uri of the document entity is
really supposed to be determined by an xml:base attribute on the
document element, then imo, this is something that needs to be addressed
in the xml:base specs and not elsewhere.

> The current behavior for PHP (using libxml2 2.6.31) isn't that.
>

> Additionally, there are a number of GRDDL (a W3C TR) tests which
> explicitly expose these kinds of behaviour - and the expected test
> results marry up to the behaviour outlined above.
>
> See also: http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl-tests/#htmlbase1

So what you are saying is that currently no parser can be used for these
tests. Just checked out latest version of Xerces and they don't follow
your expected behavior either.

Rob