Re: Minutes for the 2017-06-21 meeting

From: Stephen White <steve@adam.com.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 18:22:19 +0930
Cc: public-gpu@w3.org
To: Corentin Wallez <cwallez@google.com>
On 23 Jun 2017, at 5:36 am, Corentin Wallez <cwallez@google.com> wrote:
> 	• CM: The first one is the most simple thing we could do. Why not start with that?
> 	• JG: How much change are we willing to change between MVP and the final product?
> 	• BC: we can tolerate a loarge amount of change between MVP and version 1.0. Much less between 1 and 1.1(?).

This was the point behind the issue I raised on Github. If you release the simplest API then find you need to change it, there should at least be a very simple check and fill in if the API changes.

It could almost be a “if API > 1.0, regexp these bits of code” for a common case, and if it doesn’t work then too bad, but it’s better than the WebGL experience of all older code breaking.

--
  steve@adam.com.au