Re: [public-gpu] <none>

Hey Kirill,

Thanks for your thoughts. Shaders will be one of the biggest obstacles for
applications to adopt WebGPU, and we should take it into consideration in
the shading language discussions. This is related to a comment Chas made
last meeting that if we only specifying an IL, we will foster innovation in
the high-level shading language space. We should be cognizant of this and
decide wether we want to allow innovation, or try to push the developers
towards one blessed high level language.

As for performance of shader code ingestion, I'm sure we'll find a way to
make it either asynchronous or parallelizable.

Cheers,

Corentin