Re: RFC: Re: shader IR vs. application IR

> On 17 Aug 2017, at 05:08, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
>
> But bolting on security is not impossible; as you point out, it's been done for GLSL.

Restricting GLSL for security wasn't particularly difficult. It doesn't have pointers, for example. This is another argument for a language that is slightly higher than an IR: It probably will be easier to secure.

For the SPIR-V folks, has any implementation actually used Logical Addressing Mode? I'd also like to understand what these proposed restrictions to SPIR-V mean for compute shaders. How are they impacted by Logical Addressing Mode?

Dean