Re: Comments on DCAT: dataset version

Hello all

FWIW in Linked Open Vocabularies we use FRBR to represent versions of a
vocabulary.
See e.g., http://lov.okfn.org/vocab/voaf/v2.3/voaf_v2.3.rdf for versions of
VOAF vocabulary.
This has been both approved by some FRBR gurus, and frowned up by others,
but seems to me it could be used the same way for datasets, without the
need for dcat to specify anything more than :

@prefix frbr:<http://purl.org/vocab/frbr/core#>
dcat:Dataset  rdfs:subClassOf   frbr:Work.
dcat:Distribution  rdfs:subClassOf  frbr:Manifestation.

Each version of a Dataset could be represented as a frbr:Expression, coming
between the Dataset/Work and Distribution/Manifestation

Bernard

--
*Bernard Vatant
*

Mondeca is selected to present at ReInvent Law,
London<http://reinventlawlondon.com/> on
June 14th

Mondeca will be supporting its client's
presentation<http://semtechbizsf2013.semanticweb.com/sessionPop.cfm?confid=70&proposalid=5127>