Re: DCAT & Provenance

Hi Jeni

+1 for this. From the PROV perspective we are actual ok with both. In our
mapping to from dublin core to PROV dct:provenance maps to
prov:has_provenance.

It would be nice to encourage people to use PROV in the DCAT document
though for describing provenance.

Thanks
Paul

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Jeni Tennison <jeni@theodi.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Looking through DCAT, I notice that there's no property that is
> recommended for indicating the provenance of a Distribution or
> CatalogRecord.
>
> Would it be appropriate to include prov:has_provenance as a property of
> dcat:Distribution and dcat:CatalogRecord, to point to a provenance record?
> Or dct:provenance to fit in with the other properties.
>
> (I guess one source of my question is that I'm not sure what the rationale
> is in deciding whether a property is included in DCAT or not.)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeni
> --
> Jeni Tennison, Technical Director   theODI.org
> +44 (0) 7974 420 482                @JeniT

Dr. Paul Groth (p.t.groth@vu.nl)
http://www.few.vu.nl/~pgroth/
Assistant Professor
- Web & Media Group | Department of Computer Science
- The Network Institute
VU University Amsterdam