Re: DCAT and VoID

On 27 Apr 2012, at 12:05, Fadi Maali wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I believe that using them together is beneficial especially when an existing dataset available for example in CSV is converted to RDF. In this scenario I usually describe the resulting RDF dataset in VoiD and the original dataset in DCAT while linking them together using dct:source something like:
> :void-dataset dct:source :dcat-dataset.
> :dcat-dataset dcat:distribution :dcat-dist.
> :dcat-dist dcat:accessURL <url-to-the-csv-file>
>
> using this representation, the converted RDF representation is linked to its source and therefore can be checked and validated.
> For example have a look at: http://vmsgov03.deri.ie:8080/data-cube-searcher/index.html?query=howth%20primary%20schools
> notice the link to the original CSV file that is enabled by the link from void to dcat datasets.

Sorry, I think I should provide some more details here. This is a search application on top of RDF data (in Data Cube) While the search is done over RDF as a unifying data model, the data is linked to the original CSV file it was transformed from. A user who finds a result doubtful can check the original CSV (the dcat:Distribution) and clarify whether the value is correct or an error introduced during the conversion.