Re: Exposing RDF Data Cube content

On 12/04/12 23:12, David Riccitelli wrote:
> While the RDF Data Cube Vocabulary will allow for a coherent definition
> of data, is there already a standard or a best practice for these data
> to be accessible via generic Web or REST Services?

Web access is supported by SPARQL query [1].

For REST APIs then there is certainly emerging practice. The Linked Data
API [2] lends itself nicely to a REST service view over Data Cube data
and is being used that way by several UK public sector organizations.

However, defining such an API or set of API patterns is explicitly ruled
out of scope for the GLD working group by its charter [3] so we are not
allowed to address it.

> For example SDMX defines the Web Services guidelines to access compliant
> data ( http://sdmx.org/?page_id=10 ).

Understood.

Please let us know if you are satisfied with this response.

Dave

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-protocol/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/linked-data-api/wiki/Specification
[3] http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter - section 1.1