Re: Looking for a vocabulary for NUTS and LAU

From: Frans Knibbe | Geodan <frans.knibbe@geodan.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 12:17:42 +0100
To: auguste.atemezing@eurecom.fr
CC: public-geosemweb@w3.org
Hello Ghislain,

Thank you for the links. These are all vocabularies that describe
national administrative subdivisions. They are similar to the thing I am
trying to make. But what I am missing is a general description of what
NUTS and LAU are. If such a thing would exist, national descriptions
like these could refer to that general vocabulary, which would allow a
higher level of interoperability (e.g. compare regions with the same
NUTS level from several data sets).

Since NUTS and LAU are defined by Eurostat, I would expect Eurostat to
provide a vocabulary. Perhaps it exists, but I can not find it.

Regards,
Frans