Re: [geolocation-api] Require transient activation to use API (#94)

From: Reilly Grant via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 22:15:33 +0000
To: public-geolocation@w3.org
We're tracking this in Chromium as [issue 1102381](https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1102381) and the next action is to collect metrics on how often geolocation permission is requested with and without user activation in order to gauge the compatibility impact. As mentioned in #48 there are a number of other experiments currently being pursued in this area as well. I'd be very interested in hearing about plans from Gecko and WebKit in this area.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by reillyeon
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/pull/94#issuecomment-881046091 using your GitHub account