Re: [deviceorientation] Opposite z-axis for example 7 (#96)

From: chaals via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 14:34:16 +0000
To: public-geolocation@w3.org
> We could also add a clarification: _unlike the name suggests, it represents the sum of all accelerations, except the gravity._

I think "unlike the name suggests" isn't helpful. The name suggests different things to different people. But the rest of the clarification, and the example, are useful.

I presume the point is that if you had a device on the moon, you would have a different value for sitting on the ground, and if your device was sitting somewhere on a space station it would be approximately in freefall (around the earth and sun) so the value would be below the threshold of 0.1. I wonder if it's worth expanding the examples to include that?

It might also be helpful to provide an example of walking in a straight line, the phone held at a 30ยบ angle from horizontal...

(Example 9 also seems to be wrong: If the phone is in the vertical plane, `accelerationIncludingGravity` should be `{ x: v^2/r, y: 9.8, z:0 }`. Do you want a separate issue for that?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by chaals
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/deviceorientation/issues/96#issuecomment-876491672 using your GitHub account