Re: [geolocation-api] Explicitly limit permission lifetimes (#69)

From: Marcos Cáceres via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 08:21:37 +0000
To: public-geolocation@w3.org
I've now sent along a PR that defines lifetimes for permissions:
https://github.com/w3c/permissions/pull/287

And I've made a recommendation that specifications that define themselves as "powerful features", such as Geolocation, SHOULD include some RECOMMENDATION about the lifetime of a permission.

Once the PR above lands, then for Geolocation, we could recommend that geolocation's permission lifetime default to life of the browsing context, with the option of it being extended for a day. We might recommend against the lifetime being indefinite.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by marcoscaceres
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/issues/69#issuecomment-909011975 using your GitHub account