Re: [geolocation-api] Restrict access to visible and user-activation-received frames (#48)

From: Marcos Cáceres via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 05:25:11 +0000
To: public-geolocation@w3.org
> The Blink engine already requires a page to be visible in order to receive callbacks from the Geolocation API. I support adding this behavior as a normative requirement to the specification assuming that other implementations are on board.

That sounds really neat. I'd be onboard with implementing that if we don't already do it in Gecko.

> What are your thoughts about requiring a user-activation-received frame vs. requiring a user activation to request geolocation permission?

That could be fun... though I imagine it's gonna break a ton of sites :D

--
GitHub Notification of comment by marcoscaceres
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/geolocation-api/issues/48#issuecomment-651546252 using your GitHub account