Re: [deviceorientation] Reach consensus on deprecation and removal of de facto standard init*Event() methods

From: smaug---- via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 10:58:24 +0000
To: public-geolocation@w3.org
init*Events() are deprecated at least in the sense that new event interface types shouldn't get them, but I don't see any strong reason to remove them if all the implementations support them.

Hmm, though, if we want to make the platform better and eventually remove all the init*Event methods
(and createEvent), then we should try to remove init*Events one by one.

Do we have up-to-date data about initDeviceMotionEvent and initDeviceOrientationEvent usage?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by smaug----
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/deviceorientation/issues/35#issuecomment-284689683 using your GitHub account