Request for volunteer(s) to refine test suite for DeviceOrientation

From: Mandyam, Giridhar <mandyam@qti.qualcomm.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 18:29:04 +0000
To: "public-geolocation@w3.org" <public-geolocation@w3.org>
Hello Geo WG,

DeviceOrientation has achieved CR status - see https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/CR-orientation-event-20160818/.  However, before it can move to the next phase of standardization ("Proposed Recommendation"), we need to update the test suite (official test suite:  https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/geo/raw-file/tip/submitted/mosquito/pages/device_orientation_api.html, corresponding GH repo: https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/tree/master/orientation-event).

Therefore I am sending out this call for volunteer(s) to examine this test suite for compatibility to the standard, refine existing tests, and develop new tests as required.

It would be most beneficial if at least one volunteer steps up before Dec. 1, 2016 and completes work by Dec. 15, 2016.  This will allow the Geo WG to complete advancement of DeviceOrientation as per the working group charter timeline (assuming that we will be granted a 3 month extension).

Thank you,

-Giri Mandyam, Geolocation WG Chair