RE: https://what3words.com/

Yes. Apologies for not listing this group itself.

I don’t assume that W3W can’t live alongside existing systems. I think it can’t replace them. Reading W3W’s website you’d be forgiven for thinking it’s fixed a major problem that no one else has, so I feel there is at least oversell of its virtues. Perhaps that is what is required for any new idea. I feel the existing systems from Open Location Code and MapCode are presented more rationally and humbly by their owners.

Nor am I trying to discredit W3W. New ideas should be discussed and tested. This group is a good example of people doing that.

I do feel that any addressing system that is arbitrary, less systematic than current solutions, without context as you put it, should clarify that it’s a niche application.

Regards

Vijay

+public-geolocation@w3.org (I think you dropped the group unintentionally)

Thanks for those resources. I wasn't aware of the other two projects.