RE: Mirroring discussion in Github Repo's on public-geo

Hi Marcos,
> Doesn't that defeat the purpose and create duplication? If people want to participate or watch a repo, they can just click the subscribe button on Github. The mailing list should only be used for administrivia or random group announcements.

Reasonable point-of-view, and I certainly appreciate your input given your long involvement in W3C standards creation.  Moreover,  I wouldn't mind getting over-arching guidance from the top levels of the W3C as to what place the GH repo discussions have versus group mailing lists.

The primary reason why I requested mirroring (which is not the same thing as inhibiting discussion on the repo's) was ensure that any technical discussion is captured in the W3C mailing lists.

" W3C hosts hundreds of mailing lists and archives, many of them public, for the benefit of the Web community at large. By providing this service, we hope to foster a highly responsive and interactive community for creating new ideas and advancing web technologies and culture."

This to me means that the mailing lists are meant for a lot more than administrivia.  Some groups in the W3C (e.g. WebRTC, Media Capture TF, DAP) have done a much better job than I have of allowing discussion to continue on the repo as necessary while also moving certain topics to the mailing lists.

-Giri