Re: Inconsistent definition of timeout / maximumAge in Geo v1

On ven., 2014-02-14 at 11:04 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> Interestingly, Firefox works around this by setting the default value of
> timeout to 0x7fffffff;
> http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/dom/webidl/Geolocation.webidl
>
> I'm still unclear why maximumAge = Infinity doesn't get converted to 0,
> though.

That being said, with our [Clamp] extended attribute, we get the
expected behavior where Infinity gets converted to 4294967295 (aka
0xFFFFFFFF) according to step 3 in
http://heycam.github.io/webidl/#es-unsigned-long

So this confirms that [Clamp] is the right thing to use here, and we
should probably define the default value of timeout to that value too;
I'll send another updated errata.

Dom