Tests repository for deviceorientation

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:17:52 +0200
To: public-geolocation@w3.org
Cc: robin <robin@berjon.com>
Hi,

Robin Berjon and I have been working with people from the MOSQUITO
project who submitted a number of test cases to the group to look at
integrating the device orientation/motion test suite into the W3C Test
Framework [1].

As part of this, and following the conventions from other groups in this
field, I have created a Mercurial repository to store the test cases:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/geo/summary ; anyone known as a participant in
the Geolocation WG should have read/write access to the repository.

We also spotted a number of issues on the way the tests had been written
(in particular in terms of testing asynchronous callbacks) and are
working with MOSQUITO on getting them corrected; I also understand that
they're working on taking into account the feedback that was provided a
couple of months ago [2].

The test cases currently reside in a "submitted" directory; I don't know
if your group has any formal process to review and accept test cases as
official ones; once the test cases have been reviewed and approved, they
should be moved to a new subdirectory ("approved" presumably).

I hope this is useful, and I'm happy to answer any question this may
raise.

Dom

1. http://w3c-test.org/framework/
2.