Re: DeviceOrientation worked example

From: Lars Erik Bolstad <lbolstad@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:22:30 +0200
To: public-geolocation@w3.org
On 21.10.2011 18:01, Steve Block wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've prepared a worked example for the DeviceOrientation spec, showing
> how to determine which way a device is facing from the
> DeviceOrientation data. See ACTION-79 [1].
>
> I've used MathML to format the maths, but wanted to check that it's OK
> to use this in the spec before I commit it. Matt, do you know? If I
> don't hear back, I'll go ahead and commit it. We can always later
> switch to a different format if required for publication.
>
> A patch is attached.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2008/geolocation/track/actions/79

Using MathML is fine, but we should probably add fallback content for
browsers that don't (yet) support it.

I've attached a slightly modified version of your MathML markup that
fixes the matrix brackets for Opera 12 without breaking anything in
other browsers [1]:

I replaced
<mo> ( </mo>
with
<mfenced open="(" close=")">

and
<mo> ) </mo>
with
</mfenced>

</mtable>) to vertically align the matrices with the preceding expression.

Lars Erik

[1] Firefox is the only browser I have installed, in addition to Opera
12 alpha, that actually renders this markup as intended.