Re: axes and normalization of orientation events

Its also important to specify the location of the origin of the coordinate reference system (CRS).

During a workshop this week on "location and direction in small spaces"  the relevant scale is on the order of 10's of cm.
See the NAVTEQ presentation in http://www.ogcnetwork.net/COMGeoWorkshop#session2b

As the size of devices under consideration here is on the order of cm's, the location of the origin of the CRS becomes relevant.
For dynamics, the origin of the CRS should be specified as located at the Center of Mass of the device.

George