Re: DeviceOrientationEvent

From: Steve Block <steveblock@google.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 13:41:00 +0100
To: Olli@pettay.fi
Cc: public-geolocation <public-geolocation@w3.org>
Thanks for the comments Olli,

> initDeviceOrientationEvent seems to miss parameter for compassCalibrated.
You're right, though this is no longer relevant now that we use
CompassNeedsCalibrationEvent.

> Another comment is the double? attributes.
> I assume ? is there so that it can be indicated that the value isn't
> available.
> IMHO it would make more sense to say that those attributes
> can be NaN.
That's right. The value of these properties should be null if the
implementation can't provide a value. This is a standard pattern - eg
http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source.html#position_interface. We
don't use NaN as that could be a valid value, such as is the case for
Geolocation's Coordinates.heading.

> Also, the current initDeviceOrientationEvent doesn't allow
> the double? attributes to be initialized to null.
Fixed with http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/geo/api/spec-source-orientation.html.diff?r1=1.20;r2=1.21;f=h

Steve

--
Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9TQ