Re: Clarification on exceptions

Hi Adrian,

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:05 AM, Andrei Popescu wrote:
>> Done in http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/geo/api/spec-source.html.diff?r1=1.92&r2=1.93&f=h
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrei
>
> I'm concerned that this kind of change may be substantive enough to have
> the potential to break existing implementations built against the Candidate
> Recommendation spec. If this hasn't blocked interoperable implementations
> in real situations at this point then it might be sensible to make these
> changes SHOULD rather than the implied MUST.

You're right about the potential to break existing implementations.
However, we carefully examined all the implementations we were aware
of and saw that they all throw when 'null' is passed for the
'successCallback'. I therefore updated the spec to match what the
implementations do. I did not have IE9 available to test at that time,
did this cause a problem for you?

IMHO, this is a similar case to the one you brought up earlier about
none of the implementations showing the full URI of the document
origin. As I updated the spec to match implementations in that case, I
thought it made sense to do the same here :)

Thanks,