Re: Proximity alarm interface

Le jeudi 30 juin 2011 à 16:12 +0200, Wojciech Masłowski a écrit :
> Probably watchPosition is better in that case but what I tried to say is
> that it would be really is hard for
> UA to differentiate between legit application and application which
> tracks you. Just asking if user
> allows the script to set up proximity alarms + a heuristic to warn user
> about possible tracking and ask
> him if he wants to retract his permissions is an interesting idea, but
> it will only work if the heuristic is
> quite accurate.

What I had in mind was not to retract permissions after the fact, but
rather that when the application asks for proximity alerts, it needs to
send as a parameter all the locations that would trigger the alert.

Based on that parameter, the UA would analyze (according to heuristics
of its own) whether the request should be:
* granted after asking the user with a non-scary message
* flatly denied (in which case the app could then ask for watchPosition)
* granted after asking the user with a really scary message

(or granted only if the user has a privileged relationship with the
site, or ...)

Dom