Re: Proximity alarm interface

Le jeudi 30 juin 2011 à 09:23 +0100, Andrei Popescu a écrit :
> Yes, you can probably work out roughly where the user is from IP, then
> set up a set of proximity alerts that will track the user with almost
> the same accuracy as watchPosition(). It's slightly more involved but
> perfectly possible, so I agree the privacy gains aren't that great.

They might not be great in the worse case scenario (a site asking for
proximity alerts for many locations), but they're pretty good in better
scenarios (e.g. a single location).

Also, a user agent could better give guidance to the user when a site
requests alert for too many locations, or refuse giving alerts when too
many are requested, or when they are to close to one another, etc.

Dom