Re: axes and normalization of orientation events

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:30:48 +0200, Steve Block <steveblock@google.com>
wrote:

>> Parking a car.
> I assume you're referring to the need to calculate the location of,
> for example, the edges of the car, from knowledge of the location of a
> fixed point in the car and the car's orientation.

Yep.

> The Geolocation spec states that the location given is that of the
> hosting device. In the case of a car, this would presumably be the
> computer driving the dashboard display and the car manufacturer surely
> knows the location of the computer within the car.

I was thinking about a handheld device, that is in the car at the moment...

> I agree that the Geolocation could specify more precisely an origin
> within the hosting device, but I think the current spec is probably
> sufficient accuracy for the parking example.

Could be. It might also be too complicated to locate the device within the
car for this use case to be readily addressed at the moment.

cheers

Chaals