Re: Spec update: deviceorientation event should fire when listener is first registered

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:38:18 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> I do not really see how it contradicts it. Setting the attribute does
> that *and* causes an event to be dispatched (or starts some process in
> the case of MessagePort). The pattern was discussed a while back on the
> WHATWG list.

By the way I am not saying you should use this pattern. Maybe as Björn
indicated you need another approach to this API. Have the information
hanging off from the Navigator object somewhere and dispatch an event
using the basic Event interface when the information has changed.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/