Re: Security issue of orientation events.

W dniu 2011-08-18 12:20, Dominique Hazael-Massieux pisze:
> Le jeudi 18 août 2011 à 10:26 +0200, Wojciech Masłowski a écrit :
>> http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21128255.200-smartphone-jiggles-reveal-your-private-data.html
>>
>> TLDR: It is possible to construct a keylogger using only accelerometer
>> data. Maybe we should think about revising security policy for device
>> orientation events and force UA to ask user if he wants to allow site to
>> use orientation events.
> Isn't it that this is only problematic if a Web page wants to keep
> getting orientation events when not visible? Maybe permission would need
> to be asked only in cases a Web page needs to get these events even when
> not visible?
>
> Dom

I don't think so. Firstly user can use multiple other applications while
having a malicious site opened and visible.
Apart from that it would seems rather weird to ask for permission to
monitor orientation events as you for example
  switch the tab. At least I as a user would be quite surprised.

Original research paper:
http://regmedia.co.uk/2011/08/17/touchlogger_research_paper.pdf

--
Wojciech Masłowski