Re: enableHighAccuracy as a privacy feature

Le vendredi 26 mars 2010 à 15:06 +0000, Andrei Popescu a écrit :
> - this attribute has always been about saving power, not about
> accuracy. The assumption was that the more power a sensor consumes,
> the more accurate it is.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2009Mar/0160.html
(last linked message from
http://www.w3.org/2008/geolocation/track/issues/6) says:
        "The main reason why it exists is to allow Web developers to say
        that their application works fine with low-accuracy position
        fixes and, therefore, the UA should not bother turning on
        location providers that consume a lot of power"

I guess my point is that if an application "works fine with low-accuracy
position fixes", then it's better not to send high-accuracy position
data, since that's a benefit for privacy.

Dom