Re: Geolocation privacy implementation

On 7/6/10 1:27 PM, Richard L. Barnes wrote:
> Thanks for that contribution.  As far as iOS, I haven't tested version
> 4, but as of version 3, there was a similar allow/deny, but it
> automatically remembered, with no way to revoke.

I've attached a bunch of screenshots from iOS 4. Top row, from left to
right:

1. Maps application requesting if it can use location services (I know
this is not in a browser, but it's good for comparison).

2. Maps acquiring location: note the compass needle which now appears on
the top-left of the screen when geoservices are being accessed. Note the
same compass icon is used as the button that the user presses to force
Maps to reacquire the location.

3. Mobile Safari requesting to use location services (first time request).

Bottom row, from left to right:

4. Mobile safari, domain requesting to use location services. Note that
the blocking popup does not allow the user to actually explore the page
to see why the page would want to use location services (bad, IMO).

5. The settings>general>reset>"reset location warnings button" activated.

6. The reset options for iOS4.

--
Marcos Caceres
Opera Software