Re: Verizon Wireless

Hi Rob,

This has nothing to do with the specification and has everything to do with the implementation.  One of the main goals of this specification, and to a large part API design in general, is to hide users (in our case, web content authors) from worrying about details such as how position data is obtained.

You may want to investigate how the device acquires position data on Verizon Wireless.

Regards,
Doug

On Feb 15, 2010, at 11:58 AM, Robert.Loryea@VerizonWireless.com wrote:

> We have a client that is testing this Geolocation API Specification with multiple wireless carriers.   It appears to be working successfully except for on Verizon Wireless Smartphones (PDA's).   They are accessing this site to capture latitude and longitude from the device… http://ch9.us/gps
>
> Can you enlighten me as to what the difference my be with Verizon Wireless and if the scripting needs to be changed slightly so that it will work with Verizon Wireless?
>
> Thank you,
> -Rob
>
> Robert S Loryea Jr
>
> Verizon Wireless - DSM
> 10801-1 N. MoPac Expressway
> Suite 360
> Austin, TX  78759
> (512) 417-6373
>

> The information contained in this message and any attachment may be
> proprietary, confidential, and privileged or subject to the work
> product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
> of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
> agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
> If you have received this communication in error, please notify me
> immediately by replying to this message and deleting it and all
> copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.

Doug Turner
dougt@dougt.org