Re: Additional security and privacy considerations?

Hi dret,

not all data is personal data. Personal data is only data that links
some property to a natural person or human being. So it really depends
on the sensor. If a person carries around a sensor (say some small
matchbox) that delivers location information about her, it still makes
sense for the user to be informed when location data is transmitted.
And if you have no UI, you may have a blinking LED or something. I
think this would be still covered by the wording Thomas is proposing.

But if the sensor is just a sensor on some package allowing you to
track it's location, there is no human being involved, thus no
personal data, no privacy considerations, no UI needed.

Best,

Rigo