Re: Additional security and privacy considerations?

Dear Lars Erik,

a "must" on 1/ mainly gets you out of the troubled waters of European
data protection at low cost. For me 2/ is a special explanatory
subgroup of 1/

All this can be derived from the requirement to have the user's
consent when acquiring location data as required by two EU Directives
and subsequent transposed national law. As there is always new data
sent over, the legal requirements are not met with a one time
permission for data disclosure for an unforeseeable future.

So Thomas' suggestions are rather straightforward requirements, that I
think, will prevent subsequent troubles of implementers of the API
Specification in the social arena and spare Participants and
Implementers a lot of trouble with data protection officials. This is
a real monetary advantage that has to be seen against the
implementation cost.

Best,

Rigo Wenning
(as Privacy Activity Lead)