Re: Additional security and privacy considerations?

On May 11, 2009, at 9:29 PM, Thomson, Martin wrote:

> :)
>
> If you want precedent, I ask Google to remember my gmail login - and
> it does.  However, after a little while (I'm not sure exactly how
> long) it asks me to re-authenticate.  It's not so much of a chore as
> long it's not too frequent.  Finding out just how frequent is the
> trick.

I have never noticed that.  I suppose my browser has form fill?

> As for the notification, you still use the status bar for a discreet
> notification.  I don't think that what is being proposed needs to be
> highly visible, just accessible.

You might be on to something.  I think you should follow up on this.
However, UI design for Firefox doesn't happen in W3C WG email threads
(the right people just don't follow this list).  Feel free to suggest
something through the normal channels (the firefox newsgroups,
bugzilla, etc).

Regards,
Doug