Re: ISSUE-10 Re: Geopriv compromise proposal

From: Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:32:53 -0700
Cc: Andrei Popescu <andreip@google.com>, Geolocation Working Group WG <public-geolocation@w3.org>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
To: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Rigo,

Same horse.  I do hope that you go back to the IRC logs of the f2f,
and the email threads over the last 8 months.  I listed about 8
reasons why (specially) geopriv was a bad idea for the web.  This
optional attribute smells alot like the same idea.

Henning,

railroaded?  really?  I think we had just about every major UA say
that this was a bad idea -- based on decades of experience.  I would
think that browser hackers are the ones being railroaded if anyone!

Doug Turner