Re: Geopriv compromise proposal

From: Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:14:47 -0700
Cc: Geolocation Working Group WG <public-geolocation@w3.org>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
To: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
I appreciate your comments and concerns Rigo, and your experience and
thoughts are helpful.

> Otherwise we'll have 10 projects using 10 different
> bindings/hooks/methods and thus fragmenting this narrow space with
> already scarce privacy resources

I agree completely.  if privacy rules are of interest, we should
figure out how to apply them globally -- and not special case
geolocation.

For example, right now I type my address into forms when I go shopping
online.  This fields should have similar privacy rules as what has
been proposed (retransmittal, retention).  However, I do still feel
that these attributes will give the wrong assumptions to the user.