Re: Geopriv compromise proposal

On Jun 17, 2009, at 1:48 PM, Rigo Wenning wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 June 2009, Doug Turner wrote:
>> Matt, Chairs, Andrei, Can we take a formal vote on this to put to
>> bed   this issue, or must we continue to argue about the same thing
>> for another 8 months?
>
> Just to remind you that the process works by consensus, not by formal
> votes other than by the Advisory Committee. You don't even have to
> unpack the (in)formal vote. But a short note in your issue tracking
> tool with a pointer to this thread would be nice.

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies#Votes

A group SHOULD only conduct a vote to resolve a substantive issue
after the Chair has determined that all available means of reaching
consensus through technical discussion and compromise have failed, and
that a vote is necessary to break a deadlock.

Am I misreading this?