geolocation and URIs

Richard Barnes wrote:
> You might be interested in the GEO URI scheme that's being developed in
> the IETF: <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-geo-uri>
> On Jul 9, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Michael Hedenus wrote:
>> Last point: I am interested in connecting geo-locations with URIs which
>> would open the door to Semantic Web applications.

my guess is that by "connecting location with URIs" michael is talking
about associating semweb-style properties with URIs, rather than having
location being represented *as* a URI. i might be wrong, but if that's
the case, you might want to look at http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/
(which i think is a bit dated by now).

as a side note, we are currently in the process of setting up a "W3C
geolocation incubator group" which as the main goal would have to get a
wider view of how to handle geolocation on the web; basically anything
beyond the geolocation API currently being under development. the
incubator group does not yet exist, bu we hope to get in functional this
summer.

cheers,

erik wilde   tel:+1-510-6432253 - fax:+1-510-6425814
        dret@berkeley.edu  -  http://dret.net/netdret
        UC Berkeley - School of Information (ISchool)