RE: Civic Address for V2

From: Allan Thomson (althomso) <althomso@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:44:12 -0800
To: "Alec Berntson" <alecb@windows.microsoft.com>, <public-geolocation@w3.org>
Hi -

I would suggest that the Civic Address format defined in the IETF
Geopriv PIDF-LO schema as described in RFC4119 is a more appropriate
definition. For many indoor environments where location can be used,
providing only the street address is not sufficient and RFC4119 has the
basis for providing location information (e.g. conference room or cube)
that is more relevant to indoor business applications that need
location.

Regards

Allan Thomson
Cisco Systems