Re: editor's draft updated

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your comments. I have fixed the list for some of it. About
the rest, see below:

On 30/11/2009 19:03, Steve Block wrote:

>> Test 00011: call getCurrentPosition with null success callback, check if exception
> The WebKit Geolocation implementation has a pretty comprehensive set
> of tests for the parameter types which we could reuse here. See
> http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/LayoutTests/fast/dom/Geolocation/argument-types-expected.txt

Rather than reuse other tests into this test suite, we decided to gather
all of them under a single "W3C geolocation test suite". I don't know
exactly when this is supposed to happen, though.

>> Test 00133: call watchPosition() with wrong type for third argument. Exception expected.
> I don't think that any type passed for the positionOptions argument
> should cause an exception. The spec states that 'PositionOptions
> objects are regular ECMAScript objects ...' and all of its properties
> are optional. In JS, any type can be converted to a (perhaps empty)
> object. The implementation should simply check for the presence of the
> relevant properties, but never throw an exception. See the WebKit test
> linked above.

Do you think that the specification should be more explicit about the
above?

>> Test 00031: pass if getCurrentPosition returns withing 100ms
> I'm not sure it's useful to test that the function returns within a
> particular time limit, as the spec doesn't specify such a limit. I
> think the important thing to check is that the callbacks are always
> invoked asynchronously, rather than from within the function call.

The statement that this test is checking is "must immediately return",
though. Clearly the test isn't great but I can't think of another way to
check.

Cheers,
Max.