Re: geolocation privacy statement strawman

Is there not a definition of origin somewhere in something other than
a Working Draft? It might make more sense to reference a
Recommendation that defines origin if one exists, rather than a spec
which might change in the future (even though I'm guessing the
definition of origin is unlikely to change).

I'm fine with being in the acknowledgements section.

Alissa

On Apr 27, 2009, at 2:42 PM, Doug Turner wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2009, at 11:39 AM, Andrei Popescu wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Doug Turner
>> <doug.turner@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Andrei:
>>>
>>> I am not sure it is a good idea to include:
>>>
>>> The user interface must include the URI of the document origin.
>>>

>> Oh, by origin I thought we mean
>>
>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#origin
>>
>> which is a (scheme, host, port) tuple, not the full URI of the
>> document.
>>
>> Besides, I haven't even touched that part of the wording: it's coming
>> straight from your proposal:
>>
>> http://dougt.wordpress.com/2009/03/05/my-airmozilla-geo-talk/
>>
>> :)
>>
>> We can add a link to the HTML5 spec to clarify what we mean by
>> 'origin' ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrei
>

> Yes, my fault for sure.  and Yes, lets ref. the HTML5.
>
> Doug

Alissa Cooper
Chief Computer Scientist
Center for Democracy and Technology