Re: renaming enableHighAccuracy

Hi Allen,

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Allan Thomson (althomso)
<althomso@cisco.com> wrote:
> Andrei -
>
> I have a clarifying question.
>
> Is the intent of the attribute to force the client to ONLY use low power
> or is it intended to "prefer" low power over higher powered options?

It's probably simplest if we let 'lowPowerOnly' be a requirement. This
is for two reasons:

1. If a developer specifies it (note that 'lowPowerOnly' defaults to
false), it means power consumption is important to their app.
2. It makes the API behavior more consistent: if this requirement
cannot be satisfied, the errorCallback will be invoked and the app
will know about it. It could then try again without the 'lowPowerOnly'
flag set.

Of course, since we let the definition of high / low power up to the
implementation, we still cannot guarantee identical behavior across
all implementations. But we can provide guidelines (e..g don't power
up GPS if lowPowerOnly is set), as I mentioned earlier. Also, we
should probably add a new errror code LOW_POWER_PROVIDERS_UNAVAILABLE
(or similar) for the case in 2. above?