Re: Forward/backward compatibility

Doug Turner wrote:
> HI Martin,
> Why can't fixed devices convert their civic address to lat/lon?

at the risk of pointing out the obvious: this seems kind of a backward
argument to me. instead of accepting valid scenarios where people say
that they want to use non-lat/long positions and this is how things are
working now, this argument asks them to use lat/long because that's how
the API works. but aren't we in a discussion about what people have as
use cases and scenarios for that API and what it should support?

cheers,

dret.