Re: [fxtf-drafts] [css-masking] Add mask-position-{x,y} (#103)

From: Sam Sneddon via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 12:19:33 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
> <dael> fantasai: Background-position-x and -y is in L4 which isn't fpwd but it was resolved to add.
[…]
> <dael> krit: My concern isn't them having it, but how we handle for masking spec. Since the spec is in CR I don't want to add features that aren't in L4.
> <dael> fantasai: I would agree. Adding mask-position-x and -y to L2 might make sense. L1 should stay.

I'm slightly confused by this. background-position-x and background-position-y are in Backgrounds & Borders L4, and we don't want to add mask-position-x and mask-position-x to Masking L1 because they aren't in Backgrounds & Borders L4? It seems silly to have something with at least two independent implementations delayed for years because of process concerns.

It looks like it might be a bit confused with #99 (about adding mask-repeat-*), which appear to only be supported in Blink nowadays?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by gsnedders
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/103#issuecomment-920852182 using your GitHub account