Re: [fxtf-drafts] Clip backdrop root (input) image to border box of element (#342)

From: Markus Stange via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 18:38:19 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
Oh, and now that I've actually tried [the testcase](https://codepen.io/fchristant/pen/VOrYYz) from [the bug comment you linked to](https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=497522#c196), I'm no longer sure if specifying `edgeMode="duplicate"` for the `blur()` filter function was such a good idea. In the testcase, if you slowly scroll the contents, in Chrome Canary the blur produces a flickering effect near the top and bottom edges of the header. That's because the pixels along the edge now have a much stronger influence on the blur results than before. There is a lot less flickering in Safari.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mstange
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/pull/342#issuecomment-504529654 using your GitHub account