Re: [fxtf-drafts] Clip backdrop root (input) image to border box of element (#342)

From: Markus Stange via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 17:54:31 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
I would prefer to revert the addition of " (or other pixel-moving filter)". `blur()` is the only filter for which [the spec](https://drafts.fxtf.org/filter-effects-1/#blurEquivalent) defines an implicit `edgeMode` based on what property the filter function is used in. For the `drop-shadow()` filter function, there is no such note, and I'm not sure if using `edgeMode="duplicate"` for the drop shadow blur would yield desirable results; I think always using the default `edgeMode="none"` for the drop shadow blur will look better. And for SVG filters, most pixel-moving filters have an explicit `edgeMode` attribute which should be respected, and for those that don't have such an attribute it's not defined what it would mean to use `edgeMode="duplicate"`.

Other than that, the text looks good to me. Thanks!

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mstange
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/pull/342#issuecomment-504515473 using your GitHub account