Re: [fxtf-drafts] Clip backdrop root (input) image to border box of element (#342)

From: Mason Freed via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 18:15:48 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
@mstange, thanks for the great comments. I agree that the case of a transform needs to be clarified. I'm open to suggestions on what the best way to go is for this. Note: this was previously somewhat unclear as well, I think. From a user's perspective, it would seem to me that applying the clip to the accurate (non-axis-aligned quad) shape and then applying the filter with transparent outsides makes the most sense. But it's also the most difficult to implement.

Regarding the edge mode comment, I wholeheartedly agree. The backdrop-filter edgeMode should be "duplicate". I will add this to my PR.

And finally, thanks for noticing the missing link:
[1] https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=497522#c196

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mfreed7
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/pull/342#issuecomment-500962045 using your GitHub account