Re: [fxtf-drafts] [filter-effects-2] Backdrop filters should not use BackgroundImage (#53)

From: Mason Freed via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 01:16:07 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
We would like to publish a proposal for spec changes for backdrop-filter. It includes many of the ideas discussed on this issue, plus a lot of extra background and motivation for the changes. I have created a PR for the fxtf-drafts repo, and I've included the rendered spec output here:

https://mfreed7.github.io/fxtf-drafts/filter-effects-2/Overview.html

We would love to hear comments on this proposal.

@ChumpChief, thanks for your comments. In our proposed spec, I've included a lot of detail in the "Motivation" section. In particular, I added a rationale for each of the restrictions included in the definition of the Backdrop Root. Hopefully that's a good starting point for the discussion!

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mfreed7
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/53#issuecomment-463868549 using your GitHub account