Re: [fxtf-drafts] [filter-effects-2] Backdrop filters should not use BackgroundImage

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 08:37:51 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
> I was only able to locate two high-ranking sites that have a visible element styled with backdrop-filter.

Instagram uses it for their "please log in" banner when you follow a link directly to a photo page.  It's nested many divs deep & some of those divs use `position: relative`, but the banner itself is `position: fixed`, so for isolation I guess that count's as a direct child of the window?  (In general, looking only for "visible elements" with the style may undercount usage, because a common use case is for pop-ups and other dynamic content.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/53#issuecomment-437288643 using your GitHub account