Re: [fxtf-drafts] [css-transforms-2] How to serialize `scale` if we only use one number?

From: Eric Willigers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 23:37:31 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
In the serialization [change](https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/commit/b20199391df43f84fca8de9026775389e043f8c7#diff-7a1256a4a031b8446dd0fba783bfe17d)

> if the second value is ''0px'', the default, it must be omitted when serializing

Are `0` or `0em` omitted?

> if the second value is the same as the first, the default, it must be omitted when serializing

Suppose we have a calc expression. Is `calc(2 * 3)` the same as `calc(3 * 2)`? Is `calc(--foo * --bar)` the same as `calc(--bar * --foo)`? Do we have a definition for calc sameness?

> If a 3d rotation is specified, the property must serialize with an axis specified. If the axis is parallel with the x, y, or z axises, it must serialize as the appropriate keyword.

This may require evaluation of calc expressions, and perhaps reversal of the angle.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by ewilligers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/313#issuecomment-436076677 using your GitHub account